UAE provides vaccines to two million children: Minister
Abu Dhabi: Sheikha Lubna bint Khalid Al Qasimi, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Minister of Development and International Co-operation, said the country has provided vaccines to about two million children worldwide.
Sheikha Lubna was addressing the half-yearly review conference of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation, held in Stockholm to ensure the provision of vaccines to immunise children from diseases and eradicate them as well.
The minister conveyed the regards of General Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the crown prince of Abu Dhabi and deputy supreme commander of the UAE Armed Forces to the conference, referring to the efforts of Sheikh Mohamed in partnership with Bill Gates, president of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that made the UAE join the global alliance since 2011.
Sheikha Lubna said the crown prince of Abu Dhabi has pledged $33 million from 2011-2013 to help curb the rates of child mortality as well as reduce the spread of diseases in Afghanistan, noting that the last installment of $10 million will be available at the end of this month.
She said the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation exerts utmost efforts to reduce the child mortality rates and the spread of diseases through making the vaccines available.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof