UAE provides vaccines to two million children: Minister
Abu Dhabi: Sheikha Lubna bint Khalid Al Qasimi, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Minister of Development and International Co-operation, said the country has provided vaccines to about two million children worldwide.
Sheikha Lubna was addressing the half-yearly review conference of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation, held in Stockholm to ensure the provision of vaccines to immunise children from diseases and eradicate them as well.
The minister conveyed the regards of General Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the crown prince of Abu Dhabi and deputy supreme commander of the UAE Armed Forces to the conference, referring to the efforts of Sheikh Mohamed in partnership with Bill Gates, president of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that made the UAE join the global alliance since 2011.
Sheikha Lubna said the crown prince of Abu Dhabi has pledged $33 million from 2011-2013 to help curb the rates of child mortality as well as reduce the spread of diseases in Afghanistan, noting that the last installment of $10 million will be available at the end of this month.
She said the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation exerts utmost efforts to reduce the child mortality rates and the spread of diseases through making the vaccines available.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites