US doctor re-grows man`s finger bitten off by horse
Washington: A south Florida doctor used a unique procedure to re-grow a man's finger, which a horse bit off.
Dr. Eugenio Rodriguez said that Paul Halpern , 33, arrived in Delray Beach with his finger inside a zip lock bag after his prized, hungry horse mistook his finger for a cookie.
Rodriguez used the bladder tissue of a pig to make a template of Halpern's finger and attached it to what was left.
The result astounded everyone as the finger's cells, bone, soft tissue, even nail grew into the mold, CBS reported.
The doctor has said that it will be nine to twelve weeks for a full recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video