US trauma care specialists conduct two-day training programme
Mumbai: Ahead of the inauguration of the state emergency medical services (EMS) in Mumbai, US trauma care specialists conducted a two-day training programme for 70 state doctors here.
The four-member American team included co-founder of American Association Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) Navin Shah, Dr T Scalea, Dr Amy Hildreth and Dr Manjari Joshi.
The doctors, who teach at the University of Maryland, Baltimore, and Wake Forest School of Medicine, North Carolina, has also offered two fully paid one-week scholarships for local doctors to visit their centres.
"Annually, Mumbai records 8,600 accident deaths, including 4,000 in railway accidents, 12,600 deaths due to heart attacks, 6,200 infant deaths and over 3 lakh serious emergency patients," Shah said, adding he has received a letter of appreciation from T C Benjamin, Additional Chief Secretary, Public Health Department, Government of Maharashtra.
"This is to accord our deep appreciation for organizing the two-day seminar on trauma care- A US experience. Not only have our doctors benefited enormously from the seminar, but it was possible to sign the collaboration agreement with the RA Cowley Shock Trauma Centre, University of Maryland Medical Centre, Baltimore," Benjamin said in the letter.
"The presence of Dr Scalea, Dr Amy Hildreth and Dr Manjari Joshi in the seminar helped in providing valuable inputs. Your initiative and enthusiasm in this regard is gratefully acknowledged and I hope that you will help in furthering the upgradation of knowledge of our doctors in trauma care and related fields in the future also," the senior bureaucrat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says