Vietnam succeeds in developing effective bird flu vaccine
Kuala Lumpur: A Vietnamese company has created and successfully tested effective human vaccines against both avian influenza A/H5N1 and A/H1N1 viruses.
According to a Vietnamese news agency, the Company for Vaccine and Biological Production No. 1 (VABIOTECH) said that it has manufactured six batches of A/H5N1 vaccines and three batches of A/H1N1 vaccines in a laboratory and, all these, meet the international health standard for a flu vaccine, Star online reported.
The news agency said a research was conducted on human vaccine against A/H5N1 virus immediately after the virus developed in Vietnamese patients.
The production of A/H5N1 vaccine proved successful, with the first batch of vaccines showing positive test results on volunteers.
Volunteers who were vaccinated experienced mild pain at the injection site without needing treatment and their chemical and biological indexes remained normal.
The company claimed those who are given 7.5 micrograms per dose will be totally protected from H5N1 virus.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health has recognised VABIOTECH’s low-cost production of human vaccines against avian influenza A/H5N1 and A/H1N1 virus as one of 26 prominent achievements in the medical sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends