Vinegar can boost your good cholesterol levels
London: A spoonful or two of vinegar a day may boost your levels of good cholesterol.
Researchers believe that people who consume apple cider vinegar for eight weeks will have improved levels of good or HDL cholesterol compared with those given a placebo.
A clinical trial, conducted by the University of Minnesota, US, has been looking at 120 people, half of whom had the vinegar while the others were given a placebo containing a two percent balsamic vinegar solution in water, reports the Daily Mail.
Apple cider vinegar, a common kitchen remedy for arthritis and gout, has already been shown to lower blood sugar levels and reduce appetite, according to a Minnesota statement.
A separate study based on animals with diabetes, has already shown that apple cider vinegar lowered levels of bad cholesterol and improved good cholesterol.
It`s thought that vinegar speeds up the processing of fats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon