Viroblock new cholesterol face mask kills swine flu, avian flu and corona viruses
New Delhi: Viroblock SA, a Swiss start-up, today presented new data at ICPIC 2013 in Geneva, showing that their face-mask containing proprietary novel cholesterol depletion technology traps and kills over 99.9995% of H1N1 flu viruses (swine flu), 99.999% of H5N1 flu viruses (avian flu) and 99.997% human corona viruses on pass through air.
Aimed at helping protect people from these respiratory pathogens, the mask is up to one hundred times more effective than a similar mask without Viroblock technology. The company will now start direct sales in Switzerland and is looking for distributors in other countries.
"Aerobiology tests for face-masks simulate real life situations, in which the user is exposed to viruses coming in. The mask helps prevent transmission from and to the person wearing the mask." commented Dr. Thierry Pelet, CSO at Viroblock. "The stringent testing demonstrates the efficacy and speed at which the cholesterol depletion technology works".
Aerobiology tests, carried out in high security laboratories, create a mist of viruses on the outside of the mask, a pump is used to draw air and viruses through the mask, and finally testing for live virus occurs on the inside of the mask.
"We believe that our protective face-mask can help protect healthcare, agriculture and security workers effectively, with added advantages of comfort of wear and easy identification," said Dr. Jamie Paterson, CEO of Viroblock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah