Vitamin B-6 may help you remember all your bizarre dreams
London: Taking vitamin B-6 may not only give people more vivid dreams but also help in recalling them the next morning, according to a new study.
While we supposedly all have 4-6 dreams a night it is usually hard to remember them, particularly in their entirety.
The vitamin, which is found in meats, whole grains, vegetables, nuts and bananas, has long been thought to help recollect dreams and enhance their lucidity but this was based on theory rather than a concrete study.
However, a small study done back in 2002 has come to light which apparently goes some way to proving the familiar theory.
In the preliminary study, 12 university students were given different amounts of the vitamin over a period of five days.
Four participants were given 100 milligrams, four were given 250 milligrams, while the rest of them were given a placebo.
The participants who were given the biggest dose of the B-6 had a higher rate of dream salience as determined by vividness, bizareness, emotionality, and colour, the Daily Mail reported.
It is thought that the vitamin has this effect as it converts amino acids into serotonin, which wakes the brain up during Rapid Eye Movement sleep, a stage of sleeping where our dreams are most vivid.
However, too much of the vitamin can mean that you won’t get to sleep at all as it can cause insomnia, as well as heart palpitations, cramps, high blood pressure, and panic attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch