Walking in the woods can help relieve stress
London: Taking a stroll in the woods can help manage stress levels, lessen BP and help fight heart ailments, a new study has revealed.
One of the experiments, conducted by the researchers at the University of Essex, discovered that just looking at images of forests helped to reduce strains.
Dr. Valerie Gladwell led a team of scientists that carried out experiments on volunteers while measuring their stress levels.
The participants in the research were asked to walk in specified "green environments" at lunchtime slept better that night.
After eight weeks, the volunteers had lower blood pressure and perceived stress.
Gladwell said that her team`s research has shown that `green environments` can be an effective stress-buster.
She asserted that if they can encourage more people to enjoy the great outdoors it may help increase their levels of physical activity and, therefore, could also be a powerful tool to help fight cardiovascular disease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in