Walking in the woods can help relieve stress
London: Taking a stroll in the woods can help manage stress levels, lessen BP and help fight heart ailments, a new study has revealed.
One of the experiments, conducted by the researchers at the University of Essex, discovered that just looking at images of forests helped to reduce strains.
Dr. Valerie Gladwell led a team of scientists that carried out experiments on volunteers while measuring their stress levels.
The participants in the research were asked to walk in specified "green environments" at lunchtime slept better that night.
After eight weeks, the volunteers had lower blood pressure and perceived stress.
Gladwell said that her team`s research has shown that `green environments` can be an effective stress-buster.
She asserted that if they can encourage more people to enjoy the great outdoors it may help increase their levels of physical activity and, therefore, could also be a powerful tool to help fight cardiovascular disease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM