Walnuts can help fight Alzheimer
London: Walnuts might be helpful in reducing or delaying the process of Alzheimer, a research has found.
According to Abha Chauhan who led the research, Walnuts may have a beneficial effect in reducing the risk, delaying the onset or slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s disease, reports express.co.uk.
The research was done on mice with Alzheimer’s disease- some of them were given walnuts and they kept their mental skills up where as mice deprived of them suffered a dramatic loss in learning, memory and physical and emotional control.
As the study is carried out on mice, professor Clive Ballard, of the Alzheimer’s Society, said, "Walnuts are high in antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids. However, as this research is carried out on mice, we cannot say for certain the benefits of a walnut-rich diet for humans."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive