Want to reduce extra flab, don`t gorge on carbs
New Delhi: As summer descends and you hit the gym to lose the flab piled on in winter, experts say it`s not enough. What also counts is your eating habits, which should certainly go low on the carbohydrates and diet pills.
"It is very important to balance your workout and food. People tend to overeat after a workout, which is normal considering that exercise stimulates hunger. But one should eat the right food and not each and everything. It`s all about eating," nutrition consultant Geetu Amarnani said.
In summer, people tend to hit the gyms, swimming pools or even opt for diet pills - but often they fail to achieve the desired results.
Fitness trainer Aamit of FX Zone, Noida, said, "It`s true that exercise burns calories and that you must burn calories to lose weight. But exercise has another effect - it causes us to eat more, which in turn can negate the weight-loss benefits. So whenever I deal with a new client, I make sure that after a week, I check his diet to see where he is going wrong."
Experts suggest that one should avoid carbohydrates and fats like sugar, colas, pastas, ice creams and junk food and replace them with green salads, fresh fruit, egg whites and milk. Also avoid biscuits and chocolates.
In case you are craving to eat something, grab a handful of nuts like almonds, walnuts and peanuts - they are very filling and not fattening at all.
There are some people who try to accelerate weight loss by popping diet pills without understanding its ill effects.
"See there are many disadvantages associated diet pills. They don`t just alter your digestive system but also create hormonal imbalances which in turn can cause dizziness, nausea and vomiting," Amarnani explained.
"So I never advise my clients to pop these pills. One should balance the diet and workout regime for a healthy lifestyle," she added.
Megha Arora, 25, is happy that she has lost 10 kg, but she still has some weight around her abdomen.
For this, Anup Dhir, senior cosmetic surgeon at New Delhi`s Apollo Hospital, suggests that one should go for liposuction, a technique used for figure correction.
"Many people are confused by the term liposuction. It is mainly used for figure correction and not weight loss. Normally it is done on those patients who are overweight and for spot and locked fat reduction," Dhir told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj