WB to provide $255 mn loan for AIDS control project
New Delhi: World Bank will provide USD 255 million (Rs 1,499.6 crore) loan to India for National AIDS Control Project to promote safe behaviour among high risk groups.
The closing date of NACP IV is September 30, 2017, the Finance Ministry said in a statement.
An agreement for loan of USD 255 million (equivalent) from World Bank for the `National AIDS Control Project (NACP-IV)` was signed here today between India and the World Bank, it said.
The Ministry said: "The objective of the project is to increase safe behaviours among high risk groups in order to contribute to India`s national goal of reversal of the HIV epidemic by 2017."
The project aims at scaling-up targeted prevention interventions, behaviour change communications and institutional strengthening at the national, state and district levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof