West Africa Ebola death toll rises to 1,350: WHO
Monrovia (Liberia): The death toll from the Ebola outbreak in West Africa has now risen to at least 1,350 people, World Health Organization said on Thursday.
The latest figures showed that the deaths are mounting fastest in Liberia, which now accounts for at least 576 of the deaths.
The UN health agency also warned in its announcement that "countries are beginning to experience supply shortages, including fuel, food, and basic supplies."
This comes after a number of airlines and shipping services have halted transport to the worst affected capitals of Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
In a desperate bid to halt the disease's spread, authorities in Liberia have quarantined off a huge slum that is home to 50,000 people. Protests erupted in West Point today, where residents threw rocks at police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test