Geneva: The World Health Organisation Wednesday held off from calling for travel restrictions related to the MERS virus striking hardest in Saudi Arabia, after emergency talks on the mystery illness.In a statement following a session of the UN health agency`s emergency committee -- the rarity of which underlined global concerns about MERS -- the WHO said that there currently was no reason to step up its level of alert."It is the unanimous decision of the committee that, with the information now available, and using a risk-assessment approach, the conditions for a public health emergency of international concern have not at present been met," the WHO said in a statement.The emergency meeting, which took the form of a telephone conference of officials from affected countries and global experts, was held in two parts, the first Tuesday last week and the second Wednesday.
Rahul Gandhi addresses FICCI meet
Environment Minister Natarajan resigns
Akhilesh hits back at Modi
Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung recommends President`s rule in Delhi