Why kids don`t like to eat veggies
Melbourne: A new study has revealed that children tend to dislike vegetables because they may be programmed to avoid plants as part of a survival strategy left over from our days in the wild.
Psychologists at Yale University found that young children didn't like to pick natural things, like plants, when given an option with plastic or metal objects, News.com.au reported.
According to researchers Dr Annie Wertz and Dr Karen Wynn, this behaviour was programmed into children from birth to avoid them being harmed or poisoned by flowers or plants.
The researchers said that throughout human evolution, plants have been essential to human existence . Yet, for all of these benefits, plants have always posed very real dangers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh