Why messy homes can lead to broader waistlines
London: Experts have claimed that a chaotic and messy home is one of the reasons behind being overweight.
They argue that clutter and disorganisation affects much more that just one’s state of mind and organising one’s home, streamlining it could have a similar effect on the waistline.
“To set yourself on the path to a healthy lifestyle you must get your home environment organised first,” the Daily Express quoted Steve Halsall, founder of Fitness 12 Retreats as saying.
“A messy house lends itself to a culture of fast food and unhealthy living. Aim for a comfortable, clean and ordered environment and you’ll more easily change bad habits into good ones and get the body and lifestyle you want,” he stated.
De-cluttering the kitchen and planning menus ahead of cooking makes it easier to find ingredients to cook healthy food, thereby keeping one away from tempting junk food like pizzas, whereas cleaning the wardrobe of all the big or small clothes saves it from resembling an overstocked humble sale, experts say.
They also advice keeping the bedroom clear of electronic gadgets like televisions as they often hinder sleep, and lack of sleep or disturbed sleep lowers the levels of the hormone leptin responsible for regulating appetite.
They also suggest that dining table be used for the purpose of eating rather than making it a dumping ground for all paperwork as this leads to “mindless eating”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared