Why people still stick by `old wives` tales`
New York: As far as household myths go, there maybe some truth to these old wives` tales, which is why many still use them as quick remedies around the house.
Huffington Post has come out with a number of these myths which has been passed on from our moms, grandmothers or know-it-all friends.
People still use newspapers to clean windows.
The fibers that make up newspaper are much denser than paper towels.
This allows them to absorb liquids and they won`t fall apart as easily.
Some microwave sponges to keep them clean.
Putting your dirty scrubbers in a dish of water and a little lemon juice and zapping them at a high temperature will kill bacteria, making them less likely to spread germs as you`re wiping up.
Well if you want to remove chewing gum use peanut butter.
This creamy spread will take out sticky wads that get stuck to your shoes and other places.
Just add a couple of tablespoons to the spot and scrub it off completely with a wire brush.
If your clog`s not too severe, there is a trick - unclog it with alka seltzer.
Drop four tablets and a bit of vinegar and flush with boiling water.
To remove carpet dents use an ice cube.
This sounds super weird, but there is truth to it. Leave it in the stubborn hole for a while, then fluff it with a fork to get the fibers looking good as new.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses