Winter special: 5 best foods for cold weather
Keeping warm during winter is not easy. It is at this time of the year, people get more prone to bacteria and viruses that produce toxins causing colds, cough, influenza and other common diseases.
To beat these illnesses, experts recommend consuming heat producing food items apart from wearing woollen clothes.
Here are top 5 best foods to beat the chill:
Garlic: Garlic contains properties that help fight the flu and other diseases such as bronchitis and asthma. It acts as a natural antibiotic and boosts immunity.
Bananas: Bananas are a rich source of vitamin B6 and therefore helps fight against bacteria and nasty germs. They help soothe the stomach as they prevent formation of acid.
Ginger: It is very helpful in treating cough and sore throat associated with colds. Also, chewing a piece of ginger tossed in honey helps relieve the severity of nausea.
Chicken soup: Chicken soup can actually help you say bye-bye to cold as it breaks down the mucus thereby easing the respiratory process. Apart from this, chicken soup is loaded with carbohydrates which keeps you energetic.
Tea: It is loaded with polyphenols (the antioxidants found in tea) which keep our mucus membranes moist thereby making it easy for the lungs to breathe. It also lowers the cholesterol level and reduces the risk of coronary heart attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate