Woman put on running shoes for breast cancer awareness
New Delhi: Women of different age groups on Sunday morning put on their running shoes and joined the 'Pinkathon' to create awareness about breast cancer.
Nearly 2,000 women, including several breast cancer survivors, got a cheerful applause for every stride they took towards the finishing post during the 10 km all women Pinkathon.
The event was organised by Maximus Events, spearheaded by model-actor Milind Soman and HealthCare Global Enterprises (HCG) Ltd, a specialist in cancer care.
Expressing happiness over large participation in the event, Soman said events like these create much-needed awareness in fighting cancer which, if detected in time, can be cured.
"Pinkathon is an activity that not only promotes well being but also raises resistance levels and improves health, to help fight diseases like cancer," he said.
Earlier, as a build up to today's event, Treadathon was organised at a south Delhi mall last week where men ran on treadmills in relay format and encouraged women to participate in Pinkathon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state