Woman succumbs to swine flu in Nashik
Nashik: In the first such death of this monsoon season, a 42-year-old woman died of swine flu at a hospital here, officials said Sunday.
Manda Chandrakant Chatona, a resident of Savarkar Nagar area, was admitted to the ICU of the civil hospital here on August 15 where she succumbed to her illness yesterday, medical officer G R Phadanvis said.
She was earlier being treated at Satpur`s EDI hospital for flu-like symptoms and her blood sample was tested positive for swine flu at Pune`s National Institute of Virology, he said.
Phadanvis added that some more patients suspected to be suffering from swine flu were being treated at the hospital but their condition is fine.
Asserting the situation was under control, Phadanvis appealed to the people not to get panicked and said the hospital has been having a separate ward to treat swine flu patients for past three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief