Woman succumbs to swine flu in Nashik
Nashik: In the first such death of this monsoon season, a 42-year-old woman died of swine flu at a hospital here, officials said Sunday.
Manda Chandrakant Chatona, a resident of Savarkar Nagar area, was admitted to the ICU of the civil hospital here on August 15 where she succumbed to her illness yesterday, medical officer G R Phadanvis said.
She was earlier being treated at Satpur`s EDI hospital for flu-like symptoms and her blood sample was tested positive for swine flu at Pune`s National Institute of Virology, he said.
Phadanvis added that some more patients suspected to be suffering from swine flu were being treated at the hospital but their condition is fine.
Asserting the situation was under control, Phadanvis appealed to the people not to get panicked and said the hospital has been having a separate ward to treat swine flu patients for past three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works