Woman succumbs to swine flu in Nashik
Nashik: In the first such death of this monsoon season, a 42-year-old woman died of swine flu at a hospital here, officials said Sunday.
Manda Chandrakant Chatona, a resident of Savarkar Nagar area, was admitted to the ICU of the civil hospital here on August 15 where she succumbed to her illness yesterday, medical officer G R Phadanvis said.
She was earlier being treated at Satpur`s EDI hospital for flu-like symptoms and her blood sample was tested positive for swine flu at Pune`s National Institute of Virology, he said.
Phadanvis added that some more patients suspected to be suffering from swine flu were being treated at the hospital but their condition is fine.
Asserting the situation was under control, Phadanvis appealed to the people not to get panicked and said the hospital has been having a separate ward to treat swine flu patients for past three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city