Women need more sleep than men: Study
Zee Media Bureau
According to a study, women need an extra 20 minutes of sleep each night.Women need more sleep than men and often don't get enough. Not getting enough sleep is the major reason behind a host of different illnesses and health isues like obesity, heart disease and depression.
This latest study reveals that women, on average, need an extra 20 minutes of sleep.The researchers also discovered that men did not show a heightened potential of developing ailments which impact women when they lack sleep.
Women who were not getting enough sleep, missing out on that extra 20 minutes and more, also had higher inflammation markers and because inflammation is linked to pain, women are likely to feel more pain upon waking up than a man who has also failed to get enough sleep.This is the reason behind that grumpiness and feeling of uneasiness that women usually face in the morning.
If getting enough sleep at night doesn't seem a viable option, the researchers suggest taking a nap. But they warn, the nap must be either 25 minutes or 90. Sleep goes in cycles and by sticking to 25 minutes or 90, you'll get enough rest without your body thinking it's getting more and therefore making you feel even groggier when you wake up.
So ladies, go catch up on your beauty sleep!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!