Women`s brains more efficient than men`s: Study
London: Though women have smaller brains than men, they are more efficient, a new study has revealed.
This may explain why women can show just as much intelligence as men, although their brains are eight per cent smaller.
Researchers from universities in Los Angeles and Madrid carried out a series of intelligence tests on men and women.
The found that despite the fact the women had smaller brains they performed better in inductive reasoning, some numerical skills and were better at keeping track of a changing situation, English daily reported.
However, men were found better on spatial intelligence.
Women`s brains are able to complete and even excel at complicated tasks with less energy and fewer neurons, the researchers said.
The results show size does not matter for women, said Trevor Robbins, professor of Cognitive Neuroscience at Cambridge University.
"The smaller size could represent more intense packing of nerve cells or more active signalling between them. Meaning they are operating more efficiently," the daily quoted him as saying.
The study has been published in the journal Intelligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery