Women`s brains more efficient than men`s: Study
London: Though women have smaller brains than men, they are more efficient, a new study has revealed.
This may explain why women can show just as much intelligence as men, although their brains are eight per cent smaller.
Researchers from universities in Los Angeles and Madrid carried out a series of intelligence tests on men and women.
The found that despite the fact the women had smaller brains they performed better in inductive reasoning, some numerical skills and were better at keeping track of a changing situation, English daily reported.
However, men were found better on spatial intelligence.
Women`s brains are able to complete and even excel at complicated tasks with less energy and fewer neurons, the researchers said.
The results show size does not matter for women, said Trevor Robbins, professor of Cognitive Neuroscience at Cambridge University.
"The smaller size could represent more intense packing of nerve cells or more active signalling between them. Meaning they are operating more efficiently," the daily quoted him as saying.
The study has been published in the journal Intelligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan