Working 50 hrs a week can put your health at risk
London: People who spend too much time working on their desks are putting their physical and mental health at risk, a research suggests.
People who work more than 50 hours a week are more likely to skip meals and become depressed, the Daily Express reported.
But despite the threat to their long-term health they are often driven by the need to work overtime to earn extra money.
Researcher Sarah Asebedo, of Kansas State University, said that even if a person understands the negative consequences of workaholism, he/she may still be likely to continue working because the cost of not doing so becomes greater.
The study is published in the Financial Services Review.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued