Yoga can help improve well being of women with breast cancer
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Researchers suggest that breast cancer patients who practice yoga, experience better quality of life.
Researchers at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center conducted the study on 191 women with breast cancer. The sample was split into three groups: yoga, simple stretching and neither.
The results of the research depicted that women undergoing radiation therapy and who have also enrolled in yoga exercises like breathing, meditation and relaxation techniques, experienced improved ability to engage in their daily activities, less stress and fatigue, better regulation of stress hormone cortisol and overall wellbeing.
The study has been published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview