Yoga can help improve well being of women with breast cancer
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Researchers suggest that breast cancer patients who practice yoga, experience better quality of life.
Researchers at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center conducted the study on 191 women with breast cancer. The sample was split into three groups: yoga, simple stretching and neither.
The results of the research depicted that women undergoing radiation therapy and who have also enrolled in yoga exercises like breathing, meditation and relaxation techniques, experienced improved ability to engage in their daily activities, less stress and fatigue, better regulation of stress hormone cortisol and overall wellbeing.
The study has been published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi