Zee Media Bureau/Udita Madan
New Delhi: In this day and age when pollution attacks your health at every step, the part of your body that is most exposed to pollution is your skin. No matter what you do to keep your skin clean and glowing – cleansing, toning, moisturising, scrubbing, facials, etc. - those painful acne, pimples, skin eruptions come and go at their own time, nonetheless.
However, there is one sure shot way to ensure that your skin exudes that pearly glow at all times.
If you want clear skin (who doesn't?), go beyond cleansing and moisturising. Add yoga to your daily routine. The yoga poses will not only make you look better and give you a glowing skin but also make you feel energized and rejuvenated.
So today we give you 6 yoga poses to help you get energized as well as help your skin breathe and make it healthy and glowing!
1. Hastapadotasana: If you are a beginner, start with hastapadotasana or the standing forward bend. This forward bending asana helps the blood flow to the face giving it an instant glow. Make sure to hold the pose for as long as you can.
2. Uttanasana: If you have nailed hastapadotasana, you can move on to uttanasana or the intense forward bending pose. It will help flushing out the toxins from the system, helping you get a clear acne-free skin.
3. Sirsasana: Improve blood circulation in your face with the inverted poses like sirsasana or headstand. It may seem difficult but if performed five times a day, it is best to obtain that radiant looking skin.
4. Adho Mukha Svanasana: Do you have facial wrinkles or bunny lines? You may want to consider getting into a downward facing dog or adho mukha svanasana. It helps to reduce stress and gives you wrinkle-free skin.
5. Dhanurasana: Say bye-bye to acne problems with dhanurasana or the bow pose. This asana focuses on deep inhalation and exhalation that helps draw in oxygen in and out of the body in order to release toxins.
6. Setubandhasana: Last but not the least, say hello to being young forever! Perform anti-ageing yoga poses like setubandhasana or the bridge pose daily to prevent wrinkles. It is relaxing and easy and yet serves the purpose of giving a healthy glow to your skin.