Your eyes offer a peek into your brain`s health
Washington: The small vessels behind your eyes could reveal how healthy your brain is, a new study has revealed.
Scientists have found that people with wider veins scored worse on IQ tests in middle age, Fox News reported.
The study`s lead author, Idan Shalev, said that factors like smoking, diabetes, or socioeconomic status couldn`t be alone blame for the poor scores.
Shalev said that because eye vessels are developed from the same cells that brain vessels are developed from, they may reflect its condition.
The study has found that the health of your eyes could indicate brain health at a much earlier age.
Shalev said that even if you`re blessed with 20/20 vision, retinal imaging- a fancy term for the photo eye docs take of your eyes- does far more than test vision and It could be the easiest way yet to check in on your brain .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader