Your eyes offer a peek into your brain`s health
Washington: The small vessels behind your eyes could reveal how healthy your brain is, a new study has revealed.
Scientists have found that people with wider veins scored worse on IQ tests in middle age, Fox News reported.
The study`s lead author, Idan Shalev, said that factors like smoking, diabetes, or socioeconomic status couldn`t be alone blame for the poor scores.
Shalev said that because eye vessels are developed from the same cells that brain vessels are developed from, they may reflect its condition.
The study has found that the health of your eyes could indicate brain health at a much earlier age.
Shalev said that even if you`re blessed with 20/20 vision, retinal imaging- a fancy term for the photo eye docs take of your eyes- does far more than test vision and It could be the easiest way yet to check in on your brain .
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'