Yuvraj Singh asks people to spread cancer awareness
New Delhi: Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who recently battled cancer, Monday asked people to spread awareness about the disease.
"People need to understand that they have to kill this disease instead of getting killed by it. Someone may defeat it and someone may not. But we are supposed to fight," Yuvraj Singh said at a cancer detection camp here.
Sharing his own experience, he said: "My successful fight against cancer led me to start the "Youwecan" initiative to generate awareness, facilitate early detection and endeavour to remove the stigma of cancer."
Yuvraj Singh said the worsening environment of Delhi is one of the causes of cancer.
"Cancer can happen to anyone. Delhi environment is much polluted. You all should eat well and stay aware," he said.
Cancer is now one of the top causes of death in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued