Yuvraj Singh asks people to spread cancer awareness
New Delhi: Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who recently battled cancer, Monday asked people to spread awareness about the disease.
"People need to understand that they have to kill this disease instead of getting killed by it. Someone may defeat it and someone may not. But we are supposed to fight," Yuvraj Singh said at a cancer detection camp here.
Sharing his own experience, he said: "My successful fight against cancer led me to start the "Youwecan" initiative to generate awareness, facilitate early detection and endeavour to remove the stigma of cancer."
Yuvraj Singh said the worsening environment of Delhi is one of the causes of cancer.
"Cancer can happen to anyone. Delhi environment is much polluted. You all should eat well and stay aware," he said.
Cancer is now one of the top causes of death in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- India to clock GDP growth of 7.4% in FY17: HSBC
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt