Yuvraj Singh asks people to spread cancer awareness
New Delhi: Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who recently battled cancer, Monday asked people to spread awareness about the disease.
"People need to understand that they have to kill this disease instead of getting killed by it. Someone may defeat it and someone may not. But we are supposed to fight," Yuvraj Singh said at a cancer detection camp here.
Sharing his own experience, he said: "My successful fight against cancer led me to start the "Youwecan" initiative to generate awareness, facilitate early detection and endeavour to remove the stigma of cancer."
Yuvraj Singh said the worsening environment of Delhi is one of the causes of cancer.
"Cancer can happen to anyone. Delhi environment is much polluted. You all should eat well and stay aware," he said.
Cancer is now one of the top causes of death in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing