3 healthy foods to stay cool this summer
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Summer is here with all its heat, sweat and high humidity levels leaving you exhausted. Its time now to deck up your refrigerators with food that would be soothing to you in this summer heat.
Here are a few fresh and nutritious power foods that you should indulge in to keep you healthy this summer.
Cucumber: After reaching back home after perspiring all day, eating a slice of cucumber is a really good option to revitalize your weary senses. Cucumber contains a large amount of water which keeps you hydrated while helping the body eliminates toxins.
Yoghurt: Yoghurt contains important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and vitamins. Most important of all it contains bacteria which help in absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilises the immune system.
Mangoes: The ‘king of all fruits’ mango is one of the seasonal fruit that you should surely indulge in. Fresh mango is an excellent source of potassium and therefore helps in controlling your heart rate and blood pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery