3 healthy foods to stay cool this summer
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Summer is here with all its heat, sweat and high humidity levels leaving you exhausted. Its time now to deck up your refrigerators with food that would be soothing to you in this summer heat.
Here are a few fresh and nutritious power foods that you should indulge in to keep you healthy this summer.
Cucumber: After reaching back home after perspiring all day, eating a slice of cucumber is a really good option to revitalize your weary senses. Cucumber contains a large amount of water which keeps you hydrated while helping the body eliminates toxins.
Yoghurt: Yoghurt contains important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and vitamins. Most important of all it contains bacteria which help in absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilises the immune system.
Mangoes: The ‘king of all fruits’ mango is one of the seasonal fruit that you should surely indulge in. Fresh mango is an excellent source of potassium and therefore helps in controlling your heart rate and blood pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!
- UEFA Champions League final: Five classic Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid derbies