3 healthy foods to stay cool this summer
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Summer is here with all its heat, sweat and high humidity levels leaving you exhausted. Its time now to deck up your refrigerators with food that would be soothing to you in this summer heat.
Here are a few fresh and nutritious power foods that you should indulge in to keep you healthy this summer.
Cucumber: After reaching back home after perspiring all day, eating a slice of cucumber is a really good option to revitalize your weary senses. Cucumber contains a large amount of water which keeps you hydrated while helping the body eliminates toxins.
Yoghurt: Yoghurt contains important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and vitamins. Most important of all it contains bacteria which help in absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilises the immune system.
Mangoes: The ‘king of all fruits’ mango is one of the seasonal fruit that you should surely indulge in. Fresh mango is an excellent source of potassium and therefore helps in controlling your heart rate and blood pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand