3 healthy foods to stay cool this summer
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Summer is here with all its heat, sweat and high humidity levels leaving you exhausted. Its time now to deck up your refrigerators with food that would be soothing to you in this summer heat.
Here are a few fresh and nutritious power foods that you should indulge in to keep you healthy this summer.
Cucumber: After reaching back home after perspiring all day, eating a slice of cucumber is a really good option to revitalize your weary senses. Cucumber contains a large amount of water which keeps you hydrated while helping the body eliminates toxins.
Yoghurt: Yoghurt contains important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and vitamins. Most important of all it contains bacteria which help in absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilises the immune system.
Mangoes: The ‘king of all fruits’ mango is one of the seasonal fruit that you should surely indulge in. Fresh mango is an excellent source of potassium and therefore helps in controlling your heart rate and blood pressure.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know