4:12pm prime time for indulging in unhealthy food
London: A new survey has shown that 4.12pm is the time of the day that people are most likely to wreck their diets by indulging in unhealthy food.
According to the study by Seasonal Berries, over a third of Britons have succumbed to the daily afternoon hunger slump and admit they have already broken healthy diets that they started at the beginning of the year, the Daily Star reported.
Crisps, biscuits, cake and chocolate were named as the biggest downfalls, with half of Britons saying afternoon snacking was the main reason they break their New Year diets.
But it's not just the time of day that brings on the hunger pangs, as more than half of those questioned blamed other people for their diet failures.
Over a third blamed their partner and one in ten blame colleagues for "forcing" unhealthy snacks on them in the workplace.
Although both sexes are prone to giving in to temptation, men actually seem to have more willpower, with 69 percent sticking to their diet for one month, compared to 63 percent of women.
Over a quarter attributed lack of flavour in their healthy meals as the reason they craved salty, sugary snacks and others said seeing other people pigging out made it harder to curb the cravings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what