5 health benefits of Broccoli!
Zee Media Bureau
Broccoli is a nutritional wonder and has a wide range of therapeutic properties associated with it. It is loaded with super-nutrients that support the overall health of your body. Here are some reasons why you should make it a necessary part of your diet:
Reduces cancer risk : Eating broccoli regularly reduces the chance of developing bladder cancer by around 40 percent, according to experts.
Prevents osteoarthritis -Studies reveal that broccoli contains a compound called sulfophane which may help fight osteoarthritis.Sulforaphane can block cartilage-destroying enzymes by intercepting a molecule that causes inflammation.
Prevents skin cancer : Broccoli protects your skin against the harmful effects of UV light. The topical application of a broccoli extract can reduce the damaging effects of UV (ultraviolet) radiation.
Supports eye health: The high levels of carotenoid lutein found in Broccoli helps prevent age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
Promotes healthy heart: The carotenoid lutein slows down or prevents the thickening of arteries in the human body, thus fighting against heart disease and stoke. The B6 and folate in broccoli also reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi