5 health benefits of Broccoli!
Zee Media Bureau
Broccoli is a nutritional wonder and has a wide range of therapeutic properties associated with it. It is loaded with super-nutrients that support the overall health of your body. Here are some reasons why you should make it a necessary part of your diet:
Reduces cancer risk : Eating broccoli regularly reduces the chance of developing bladder cancer by around 40 percent, according to experts.
Prevents osteoarthritis -Studies reveal that broccoli contains a compound called sulfophane which may help fight osteoarthritis.Sulforaphane can block cartilage-destroying enzymes by intercepting a molecule that causes inflammation.
Prevents skin cancer : Broccoli protects your skin against the harmful effects of UV light. The topical application of a broccoli extract can reduce the damaging effects of UV (ultraviolet) radiation.
Supports eye health: The high levels of carotenoid lutein found in Broccoli helps prevent age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
Promotes healthy heart: The carotenoid lutein slows down or prevents the thickening of arteries in the human body, thus fighting against heart disease and stoke. The B6 and folate in broccoli also reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter