5 health benefits of mint leaves (pudina)
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Mint, scientifically known as 'mentha' is a herb that has been used since long for its different health benefits.
It is an indispensable element of most of the Indian cuisines and also Thai platter. The modest mint leaves can be used in a variety of things like one can crush them and add in tea, one can use it in salads etc.
Here are a few health benefits of mint:
-Pudina is loaded with antioxidants and phytonurients and hence helps keep stomach cramps and acidity at bay.
-Mint leaves has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps soothe skin infections. Mint juice acts as an excellent skin cleanser.
-Since pudina has a very strong aroma, it gets to stimulate your brain functioning and helps cure nausea. Further, applying fresh mint leaves on the forehead relieves headache.
-Mint leaves are a great remedy to relieve the pain caused during menstrual cramps.
-Mint leaves has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and so it fights against tooth decay and bad breath and is widely used in mouth fresheners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands