5 health benefits of mint leaves (pudina)
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Mint, scientifically known as 'mentha' is a herb that has been used since long for its different health benefits.
It is an indispensable element of most of the Indian cuisines and also Thai platter. The modest mint leaves can be used in a variety of things like one can crush them and add in tea, one can use it in salads etc.
Here are a few health benefits of mint:
-Pudina is loaded with antioxidants and phytonurients and hence helps keep stomach cramps and acidity at bay.
-Mint leaves has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps soothe skin infections. Mint juice acts as an excellent skin cleanser.
-Since pudina has a very strong aroma, it gets to stimulate your brain functioning and helps cure nausea. Further, applying fresh mint leaves on the forehead relieves headache.
-Mint leaves are a great remedy to relieve the pain caused during menstrual cramps.
-Mint leaves has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and so it fights against tooth decay and bad breath and is widely used in mouth fresheners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj