5 power-packed foods to boost your immunity
They say ‘an apple a day, keeps the doctor away’, but, trust us, it takes more than just an apple to recharge one’s immune system. One can ensure that one’s body runs slickly by just eating food rich in nutrients which in turn will help one fight against those whacky flues and other seasonal diseases.
Here is your guide to 5 super foods that you should indulge in to bolster your immunity and see if you can feel healthier all year.
Yogurt: Yogurt contains important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and B vitamins. Most important of all it contains bacteria which helps in absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilises the immune system. Yogurt is also good for the skin. It has excellent anti-fungal properties.
Green Tea: The presence of polyphenols and flavonoids in green tea boosts the immune system to make the human body stronger in fighting various infections. It is also an excellent source of Vitamin C and thus helps keep common cold and flu away.
Beetroot: Drinking a glass of beetroot juice daily actually aids blood flow to the brain and halts age-related ailments like dementia. Also, the purplish-red root detoxifies the liver and cures diseases of the digestive system.
Garlic: Garlic is one of the most commonly used spices in cooking because of its aroma and the enticing flavour it adds to food, but it has some impressive health benefits too. It has antiseptic, anti-fungal and nutritive properties, which help fight against bacteria and several infections.
Green vegetables: Green leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach, lettuce, salad leaves act as great antioxidants and are a good source of Vitamin C that prevents fine lines. For this reason these are highly beneficial for the body. They also contain lycopene and beta-carotene which help block UV rays to thwart ageing. Not only do they help keep the body weight under control but also help fight toxins and keeps all kind of diseases at bay.
Compiled by: Shruti Saxena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday