5 power-packed foods to boost your immunity
They say ‘an apple a day, keeps the doctor away’, but, trust us, it takes more than just an apple to recharge one’s immune system. One can ensure that one’s body runs slickly by just eating food rich in nutrients which in turn will help one fight against those whacky flues and other seasonal diseases.
Here is your guide to 5 super foods that you should indulge in to bolster your immunity and see if you can feel healthier all year.
Yogurt: Yogurt contains important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and B vitamins. Most important of all it contains bacteria which helps in absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilises the immune system. Yogurt is also good for the skin. It has excellent anti-fungal properties.
Green Tea: The presence of polyphenols and flavonoids in green tea boosts the immune system to make the human body stronger in fighting various infections. It is also an excellent source of Vitamin C and thus helps keep common cold and flu away.
Beetroot: Drinking a glass of beetroot juice daily actually aids blood flow to the brain and halts age-related ailments like dementia. Also, the purplish-red root detoxifies the liver and cures diseases of the digestive system.
Garlic: Garlic is one of the most commonly used spices in cooking because of its aroma and the enticing flavour it adds to food, but it has some impressive health benefits too. It has antiseptic, anti-fungal and nutritive properties, which help fight against bacteria and several infections.
Green vegetables: Green leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach, lettuce, salad leaves act as great antioxidants and are a good source of Vitamin C that prevents fine lines. For this reason these are highly beneficial for the body. They also contain lycopene and beta-carotene which help block UV rays to thwart ageing. Not only do they help keep the body weight under control but also help fight toxins and keeps all kind of diseases at bay.
Compiled by: Shruti Saxena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka