5 reasons why beer is good for your health
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: For all those who believe that drinking beer may pose a threat to your health, recent studies have found that the drink has several surprising health benefits if consumed in moderate amounts.
Here are some amazing health benefits of beer:
Drinking two beers a day can help in maintaining bone strength as it contains silicon which helps in strengthening bones.
If consumed in the right amount, beer is good for one's mental health and reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer's.
Since it is made of barley, it is an excellent source of fibre and hence consuming beer improves heart health and lowers cholesterol levels.
Studies suggest that consumption of beer in moderate amounts reduces the risk of heart strokes.
Since beer contains high water content, it helps reduce the risk of developing kidney stones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka