5 reasons why beetroot juice is good for you
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Beetroot juice contains a host of nutritional compounds like magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium and calcium as well as small amounts of copper, selenium, zinc, iron and manganese and thus has immense health benefits.
Not just this, even the leaves which are attached to beets have high nutritional value.
Here are a few health benefits of the wonder juice:
• A cup of beetroot juice helps reduce blood pressure level.
• Drinking a glass of beetroot juice daily actually aids blood flow to the brain and halts age-related ailments like dementia.
• It is an amazing antioxidant and helps prevent the formation of cancerous tumours.
• Beetroot juice detoxifies liver and also cures diseases related to digestive system.
• It is a very good source of folic acid and hence helps in providing protection against birth defects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala