5 reasons why beetroot juice is good for you
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Beetroot juice contains a host of nutritional compounds like magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium and calcium as well as small amounts of copper, selenium, zinc, iron and manganese and thus has immense health benefits.
Not just this, even the leaves which are attached to beets have high nutritional value.
Here are a few health benefits of the wonder juice:
• A cup of beetroot juice helps reduce blood pressure level.
• Drinking a glass of beetroot juice daily actually aids blood flow to the brain and halts age-related ailments like dementia.
• It is an amazing antioxidant and helps prevent the formation of cancerous tumours.
• Beetroot juice detoxifies liver and also cures diseases related to digestive system.
• It is a very good source of folic acid and hence helps in providing protection against birth defects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price