5 reasons why beetroot juice is good for you
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Beetroot juice contains a host of nutritional compounds like magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium and calcium as well as small amounts of copper, selenium, zinc, iron and manganese and thus has immense health benefits.
Not just this, even the leaves which are attached to beets have high nutritional value.
Here are a few health benefits of the wonder juice:
• A cup of beetroot juice helps reduce blood pressure level.
• Drinking a glass of beetroot juice daily actually aids blood flow to the brain and halts age-related ailments like dementia.
• It is an amazing antioxidant and helps prevent the formation of cancerous tumours.
• Beetroot juice detoxifies liver and also cures diseases related to digestive system.
• It is a very good source of folic acid and hence helps in providing protection against birth defects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe