Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Summers are here with all their heat, sweat and high humidity levels leaving you exhausted and de-energised. To beat the heat, pineapple is one of the best food packed with anti-oxidants.
Its anti-oxidant properties not just helps fight against diseases like atherosclerosis, heart diseases, and various cancers, but also aids digestion and boosts immune system to save you from this scorching heat.
Here are a few health benefits of this unique fruit:
- Pineapple helps in building strong bones as it is a rich source of manganese.
- Drinking a glass of pineapple juice can help keep gums healthy and strong teeth.
- Since, pineapple is a power house of beta-carotene, it helps in fighting macular degeneration.
- It is very helpful in weight-loss as it is a fruit rich in fibres and low in calories.
- Eating pineapples also boosts metabolism, provides nourishment to hair, skin and nails.