5 reasons why strawberries are good for you
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: If you’re not already a fan of strawberries, you should be because they have immense health benefits. The red, juicy, delicious strawberries are one of the healthiest fruits to be included in your diet. The fruit originated in France.
Here are a few health benefits of strawberries:
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and hence boost immunity.
The phenols in strawberries fight against many inflammatory disorders.
Strawberries act as an anti-cancer agent as they are a combination of antioxidants and anti-infammatory agents that gut against the onset of many different forms of cancer.
It is a superfood for healthy eyes as studies suggest that it can decrease the possibility of contracting age-related macular degeneration.
Being a rich and natural source of Vitamin C, which is vital to the production of collagen, strawberries help improve skin’s elasticity and resilience, and keep wrinkles at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...