5 reasons why you should eat celery
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Celery is one food item, the health benefits of which remain somewhat unsung. The goodness of celery is evident from the fact that it is high in fibre content and contains little calories. Also, it is packed with minerals, vitamins and nutrients. Celery is considered as an important medicinal plant, as it helps in curing various health disorders.
Here are a few undiscovered health benefits of celery:
-Celery reduces stress hormones, thereby regulating the stress in your body and providing relief.
-It is an extremely good food choice for those looking at weight reduction. Because it has little calories, you don't have to worry about turning fat.
-Celery is a natural source of Vitamin A and is thus good for improving eyesight.
-It contains natural organic sodium and so helps in regulating blood pressure.
-Drinking celery juice daily, effectively balances the body’s blood pH, neutralizing acidity and also aids in constipation and smooth bowel movement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'