5 reasons why you should eat celery
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Celery is one food item, the health benefits of which remain somewhat unsung. The goodness of celery is evident from the fact that it is high in fibre content and contains little calories. Also, it is packed with minerals, vitamins and nutrients. Celery is considered as an important medicinal plant, as it helps in curing various health disorders.
Here are a few undiscovered health benefits of celery:
-Celery reduces stress hormones, thereby regulating the stress in your body and providing relief.
-It is an extremely good food choice for those looking at weight reduction. Because it has little calories, you don't have to worry about turning fat.
-Celery is a natural source of Vitamin A and is thus good for improving eyesight.
-It contains natural organic sodium and so helps in regulating blood pressure.
-Drinking celery juice daily, effectively balances the body’s blood pH, neutralizing acidity and also aids in constipation and smooth bowel movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail