5 reasons why you should eat celery
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Celery is one food item, the health benefits of which remain somewhat unsung. The goodness of celery is evident from the fact that it is high in fibre content and contains little calories. Also, it is packed with minerals, vitamins and nutrients. Celery is considered as an important medicinal plant, as it helps in curing various health disorders.
Here are a few undiscovered health benefits of celery:
-Celery reduces stress hormones, thereby regulating the stress in your body and providing relief.
-It is an extremely good food choice for those looking at weight reduction. Because it has little calories, you don't have to worry about turning fat.
-Celery is a natural source of Vitamin A and is thus good for improving eyesight.
-It contains natural organic sodium and so helps in regulating blood pressure.
-Drinking celery juice daily, effectively balances the body’s blood pH, neutralizing acidity and also aids in constipation and smooth bowel movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand