Adults eat 92% of what they put on their plate
Washington: A new study has revealed that the average adult eats 92 percent of whatever he or she puts on his/her plate.
According to the study by Cornell University, if an adult puts something on his/her plate , its going to end up in their stomach.
The researchers, who analyzed 1179 diners, said that we're a Clean Plate Planet and the part of why people finish most of what they are served is because they are aware enough to know how much they'll want in the first place.
However, the study showed that the average child eats only 59% of what he or she serves, which might be because kids are less certain about whether they will like a particular food.
The researchers added that just knowing that one is likely to consume almost all of what they serve themselves can help them be more mindful of appropriate portion size.
The study was published in the International Journal of Obesity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed