Avoid dehydration by eating fresh fruits
New Delhi: In this scorching heat people are at high risk of dehydration and worse. Apart from drinking lots of water, expert advise is to eat fresh fruits to avoid a heat stroke.
When our body loses water, doctors immediately call it dehydration. Some of the causes are explained by Satish Koul, general physician, Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon.
"Causes can be sun stroke, exposure to dusty weather, vomitting, and fever," Koul told IANS.
Drink a lot of water, but avoid artificially sweetened drinks. In addition to these, consume fruits regularly, he added.
Sushita Rao, nutritionist, MonaVie India, helped with few names.
"Watermelons have antioxidant properties and water content so eating them will help quench thirst and avoid dehydration," she said.
Muskmelon is the next one on her list. According to Rao, the fruit contains vitamins like A, B, and C and it also has minerals like sodium and potassium. "It reduces the body heat when consumed regularly," she added.
She also advises to consume black plum, known to reduce quantity of sugar in urine and quenches thirst. The other fruits mentioned by her is litchi as it has good cooling effect on the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi