Avoid dehydration by eating fresh fruits
New Delhi: In this scorching heat people are at high risk of dehydration and worse. Apart from drinking lots of water, expert advise is to eat fresh fruits to avoid a heat stroke.
When our body loses water, doctors immediately call it dehydration. Some of the causes are explained by Satish Koul, general physician, Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon.
"Causes can be sun stroke, exposure to dusty weather, vomitting, and fever," Koul told IANS.
Drink a lot of water, but avoid artificially sweetened drinks. In addition to these, consume fruits regularly, he added.
Sushita Rao, nutritionist, MonaVie India, helped with few names.
"Watermelons have antioxidant properties and water content so eating them will help quench thirst and avoid dehydration," she said.
Muskmelon is the next one on her list. According to Rao, the fruit contains vitamins like A, B, and C and it also has minerals like sodium and potassium. "It reduces the body heat when consumed regularly," she added.
She also advises to consume black plum, known to reduce quantity of sugar in urine and quenches thirst. The other fruits mentioned by her is litchi as it has good cooling effect on the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY