Believe it or not food facts
New York: It's easy to be a foodie, but it is vital to know certain facts attached to food items.
Here are some of the food facts:
* Almonds belong to the peach family: Almonds are hard-shelled fruits from the almond tree. They're part of the prunus family, which includes other trees that bear fruits like plums, cherries and peaches.
* Watermelon and avocados are berries, but strawberries are not: A berry is a fleshy fruit produced from a single ovary. This makes watermelon and avocados part of the berry family, but not strawberries. Strawberries are called accessory fruits, which means the seeds come not from the ovaries but from the receptacle in which the ovaries are found.
* Honey will always stay good: Honey never expires. It may crystalise or change in colour over the years, but it will always be safe to consume.
* Peanut butter may contain rodent hair and insect parts: According to Food and Drug Administration, there may be up to an average of 30 or more insect fragments per 100 grams and an average of one or more rodent hair per 100 grams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!