Believe it or not food facts
New York: It's easy to be a foodie, but it is vital to know certain facts attached to food items.
Here are some of the food facts:
* Almonds belong to the peach family: Almonds are hard-shelled fruits from the almond tree. They're part of the prunus family, which includes other trees that bear fruits like plums, cherries and peaches.
* Watermelon and avocados are berries, but strawberries are not: A berry is a fleshy fruit produced from a single ovary. This makes watermelon and avocados part of the berry family, but not strawberries. Strawberries are called accessory fruits, which means the seeds come not from the ovaries but from the receptacle in which the ovaries are found.
* Honey will always stay good: Honey never expires. It may crystalise or change in colour over the years, but it will always be safe to consume.
* Peanut butter may contain rodent hair and insect parts: According to Food and Drug Administration, there may be up to an average of 30 or more insect fragments per 100 grams and an average of one or more rodent hair per 100 grams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie