`Beloved` Brit remedy milk of magnesia banned by EU
London: Milk of Magnesia, used to solve problems of indigestion, ulcers and upset stomachs, has been banned, as it contains too much sulphate.
GlaxoSmithKline GSK stopped manufacturing the product last autumn but were allowed to sell their supplies, the Daily Express reported.
The stockpiles have gone so low that the bottles are being sold for up to 20 pounds, which is about 10 times their normal price, on eBay.
GSK is believed to be changing the recipe to comply with the EU limit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed