`Beloved` Brit remedy milk of magnesia banned by EU
London: Milk of Magnesia, used to solve problems of indigestion, ulcers and upset stomachs, has been banned, as it contains too much sulphate.
GlaxoSmithKline GSK stopped manufacturing the product last autumn but were allowed to sell their supplies, the Daily Express reported.
The stockpiles have gone so low that the bottles are being sold for up to 20 pounds, which is about 10 times their normal price, on eBay.
GSK is believed to be changing the recipe to comply with the EU limit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net