Best diet secret- Day long fruit salad meals
New Delhi: Want to loose weight in a healthy way? Just eat various varieties of fruits daily.
Co-authors Dian Griesel, and Tom Griesel, of the new book, `TurboCharged: Accelerate Your Fat Burning Metabolism, Get Lean Fast and Leave Diet and Exercise Rules in the Dust` (BSH, 2011) proposed a significant amount of fruit in the diet. They even recommended that sometimes days of just fruit.
"Fruits which are so commonly restricted in most `weight-loss` diets and lacking in most everyday diets are essential for optimal health along with plenty of fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds, and animal proteins like meat, fish, eggs and cheese," said Griesels.
"The plethora of benefits delivered by fruit will continue to be proven in scientific studies."
Tom said, "As fruits are always lumped into the `carb` category they get a very unfair rap and are too often eliminated from diets. This is convenient for manufacturers, but detrimental to our health and well being. A piece of fruit provides lots of nutrition, easy take-along packaging and natural water."
"It may take awhile for fruit to regain its rightful position as a healthy, popular food, but its nutrition value cannot be denied," said Dian.
"Our advice: Take control of your own health. Start eating fruit salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner along with fruit snacks in between! This simple step will help elevate moods, spirits, improve key biomarkers and certainly elevate absorbable nutrient intake," added Dian.
The study has been published in the medical journal Nutrition and Cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city