Binge drinking could make you overeat
London: Drinking more than three large glasses of wine can make people consume about 6,300 extra calories in the next 24 hours, according to a poll.
According to the survey of 2,042 people, the extra calories can lead to weight gain 900g a week, the BBC reported.
The survey by Slimming World, which commissioned the research from YouGov, also found that about 50 per cent said crossing the threshold had made them binge on chips, pizza and kebabs.
However, experts have warned that the study showed trends and not "hard science."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation