`Busy` parents putting fast food on table
London: Busy parents admit to having fed their kids ready meals and takeaways during their school week, according to a new survey.
The survey of the teatime habits of modern-day British citizen by Hello Fresh shows 50 percent of families call food once a week, with about 20 percent eating it thrice in a week, a Daily Express reported.
According to the study, people working outside their home spend on average one hour 21-minute-a-day looking after their kids, including at meal times.
50 percent of the six to eight-year-olds surveyed said that their parents fed them takeaway or microwave meals at least once a week.
And when they were asked which food they ate regularly, they replied crisps, chicken nuggets, ice cream and frozen pizza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!