CCEA clears implementation of nutrition project
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) today approved the implementation of the International Development Association (IDA)-assisted ICDS Systems Strengthening and Nutrition Improvement Project (ISSNIP) worth Rs 2,893 crore.
An official statement said ISSNIP would supplement the much larger Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) which aims to boost the nutritional levels of women and children.
The additional support through the project will help strengthen Women and Child Development (WCD) Ministry`s efforts to strengthen and restructure ICDS programme, the government said.
The major components under the project are institutional and systems strengthening in ICDS, community mobilization and behaviour change communication, piloting multi-sectoral nutrition actions, project management, technical assistance, monitoring and evaluation.
The total size of the project is Rs 2893 crore with 70 percent IDA share of Rs 2025 crore (USD$ 450 million) over 7 years, the statement said.
Estimated cost of phase 1 of the project is about US $ 151.50 million (Rs 682 crore), of which US$ 106 million is IDA share (70 percent). Phase 2 of the project is currently estimated at Rs. 2211.29 crore, of which IDA share is Rs 1547.90 crore (US$ 344 million), the statement added.
States will be bearing 10 percent of the project cost, the government said.
The project will be implemented in 162 districts having higher proportion of malnourished children in Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.
Urban pilot projects will also be started in and around Delhi and convergent nutrition actions pilots in some selected districts in two non-project states Odisha and Uttarakhand, the official statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion