Chinese herbs hold promise for treating lung cancer and flu
Washington: Researchers believe that some Chinese herbs, including JHQG, BFXL, and BFHX, may offer significant benefits for patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), and influenza.
In three separate studies, researchers from China Academy of Chinese Medical Science in Beijing analysed the health benefits of Chinese herbs on patients with NSCLC, IPF, and seasonal influenza.
They found that JHQG helped to prolong survival in patients with metastatic NSCLC compared with patients receiving standard care; was safe and effective in the management of IPF and could also help improve patients’ quality of life and activity capacity; and helped to reduce fever in patients with influenza compared with placebo.
These findings led them to conclude that Chinese herbs could be used as an alternative treatment for the aforementioned conditions.
The findings were presented during CHEST 2012, the annual meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians, held October 20 – 25, in Atlanta, Georgia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...