Chocolates can help you lose weight, live longer
New York: Good news for chocoholics, people who eat chocolate are more likely to lose weight than those who don't, a new poll has revealed.
The survey conducted by research agency YouGov has found that 86 percent of slimmers who continued enjoying their favourite treats successfully lost weight.
It was found that of the 2100 men and women surveyed, those who lost the most weight- 91 percent of cases- had continued to eat the same amount of chocolate they normally ate before going on a weight-loss plan.
Janet Aylott, a nutrition scientist with online calorie counting plan Nutracheck, who commissioned the YouGov survey, said that extensive research has proven that diets cantered around food elimination are much more likely to fail.
Meanwhile, another research by researchers at Harvard University has suggested that eating chocolate may help you live longer.
The team, which conducted the study for 65 years and studied 8000 men, found that those who ate modest amounts of chocolate up to three times a month lived almost a year longer than those who ate none.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket