Chocolates can help you lose weight, live longer
New York: Good news for chocoholics, people who eat chocolate are more likely to lose weight than those who don't, a new poll has revealed.
The survey conducted by research agency YouGov has found that 86 percent of slimmers who continued enjoying their favourite treats successfully lost weight.
It was found that of the 2100 men and women surveyed, those who lost the most weight- 91 percent of cases- had continued to eat the same amount of chocolate they normally ate before going on a weight-loss plan.
Janet Aylott, a nutrition scientist with online calorie counting plan Nutracheck, who commissioned the YouGov survey, said that extensive research has proven that diets cantered around food elimination are much more likely to fail.
Meanwhile, another research by researchers at Harvard University has suggested that eating chocolate may help you live longer.
The team, which conducted the study for 65 years and studied 8000 men, found that those who ate modest amounts of chocolate up to three times a month lived almost a year longer than those who ate none.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report