Chocolates can help you lose weight, live longer
New York: Good news for chocoholics, people who eat chocolate are more likely to lose weight than those who don't, a new poll has revealed.
The survey conducted by research agency YouGov has found that 86 percent of slimmers who continued enjoying their favourite treats successfully lost weight.
It was found that of the 2100 men and women surveyed, those who lost the most weight- 91 percent of cases- had continued to eat the same amount of chocolate they normally ate before going on a weight-loss plan.
Janet Aylott, a nutrition scientist with online calorie counting plan Nutracheck, who commissioned the YouGov survey, said that extensive research has proven that diets cantered around food elimination are much more likely to fail.
Meanwhile, another research by researchers at Harvard University has suggested that eating chocolate may help you live longer.
The team, which conducted the study for 65 years and studied 8000 men, found that those who ate modest amounts of chocolate up to three times a month lived almost a year longer than those who ate none.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars