Christmas Special: Top tips to stay healthy during festive season!
Here's a brilliant list of things to help you avoid overindulgence and keep you fit and healthy over Christmas.
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Christmas is round the corner, yet, most of you must be wondering how you're going to survive the holiday party season as you'll be tempted with umpteen delicious delights.
People usually don't care much about the calories they consume during this season. It's more or less about spending time with near and dear ones, which also means indulging in one's favourite cookies and pastries that are displayed so enticingly at confectioneries and food stores.
However, here's a brilliant list of things to help you avoid overindulgence and keep you fit and healthy over Christmas:
- Since everything starts with breakfast, you need to choose carefully here - multigrain porridge, sandwiches, bread toast, eggs (boiled or scrambled), a bowl of fiber-rich corn flakes with a glass of milk, fruits, etc, are a good options.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water, at least 8-10 glasses a day. This will also help flush out toxins from your body.
- Go for vegetable soups instead of snacking on junk food that are high in salt/sugar content.
- Replace high calorie meat with seasoned fish such as salmon and turkey.
- Opt for baked or grilled food instead of indulging in high fat content such as fried dishes.
- Eat desserts, but go for the ones that are fruit based to avoid high calorie intake.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Lastly, but not the least – indulge in your favourite cookies and cakes, but set a limit.
Follow these simple tips to keep yourself fit over the festive season while giving yourself a healthy nutritional touch!