Coca-Cola vows to become calorie conscious, beat obesity
London: Coca-Cola is set to become more transparent about the calorie count displayed on the labels of its soft drinks and also implement steps to promote exercise in the light of growing health consciousness amongst consumers worldwide.
In a report, sugary and aerated drinks have been found out to be the root cause of obesity. Coca-Cola for long has been conducting research over the past years in order to analyze which type of drinks people prefer and found out that Coke Zero and Diet Coke, having less of sugar and calories, were preferred more than the standard red Coke which contains 210 calories.
Coca-Cola aims at becoming part of the solution for obesity by offering low or zero calorie products to its consumers by first introducing them across 200 countries worldwide.
It has also been decided by the Atlanta based company that advertisements aimed at children below 12 years of age will be ended so that a healthier lifestyle can be promoted to the young consumers as well, the reports said.
Having varied products in the market like tea, coffee, juice and energy drinks, Coca-Cola is known to have products that are non-alcoholic. A quarter of its products are low or zero calorie.
According to the report, in a bid to promote a healthy lifestyle and battle with health disorders like obesity arising out of aerated and sugary drinks, the decision of Coca- Cola to introduce alternative zero calorie drinks and provide a more transparent calorie count on its labels, is welcome step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'