Daily dose of chocolate to lower BP
New Delhi: Next time, when you reach for that bar of Hershey`s, know that it only takes a bite or two of chocolate to get the benefits.
A new study has suggested that a daily bite of chocolate could bolster your workouts, reports theNew York Daily News.
Scientists gave a group of mice a twice-daily dose of purified form of epicatechin, cacao`s chief beneficial compound. These mice outperformed the group of mice who had not been given the chocolate-y supplement, according to researchers at the University of California, San Diego.
The cacao chemical also increased the physiological response in the test group`s leg muscles.
Dark chocolate in tiny amounts has also been shown to lower blood pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?