Daily latte coffee can make you fat
London: Indulging in latte coffee everyday can make you pile on as much as 5 kilos in a year, experts have warned.
One sweetened milky drink from chains like Costa can have over four times the calories of an ordinary cup, according to fitness trainers’ body the Register of Exercise Professionals.
“Coffee is a culprit. We’re attracted to lattes because the fat in milk tastes good but, unless we’re active, we don’t burn it off. If you went up a drink size, added syrup or had more than one, you could gain a stone,” the Sun quoted Jean Marnoch, REPS chief registrar, as saying.
A small Costa Primo latte with full-fat milk contains 153 calories. A black coffee with a dash of semi-skimmed has a mere 35.
Even health-conscious people who avoid junk food don’t realise how much fat and sugar they are gulping, says REPS, which has carried out a dietary study of 2,000 UK adults.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical