Daily latte coffee can make you fat
London: Indulging in latte coffee everyday can make you pile on as much as 5 kilos in a year, experts have warned.
One sweetened milky drink from chains like Costa can have over four times the calories of an ordinary cup, according to fitness trainers’ body the Register of Exercise Professionals.
“Coffee is a culprit. We’re attracted to lattes because the fat in milk tastes good but, unless we’re active, we don’t burn it off. If you went up a drink size, added syrup or had more than one, you could gain a stone,” the Sun quoted Jean Marnoch, REPS chief registrar, as saying.
A small Costa Primo latte with full-fat milk contains 153 calories. A black coffee with a dash of semi-skimmed has a mere 35.
Even health-conscious people who avoid junk food don’t realise how much fat and sugar they are gulping, says REPS, which has carried out a dietary study of 2,000 UK adults.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray