Daily latte coffee can make you fat
London: Indulging in latte coffee everyday can make you pile on as much as 5 kilos in a year, experts have warned.
One sweetened milky drink from chains like Costa can have over four times the calories of an ordinary cup, according to fitness trainers’ body the Register of Exercise Professionals.
“Coffee is a culprit. We’re attracted to lattes because the fat in milk tastes good but, unless we’re active, we don’t burn it off. If you went up a drink size, added syrup or had more than one, you could gain a stone,” the Sun quoted Jean Marnoch, REPS chief registrar, as saying.
A small Costa Primo latte with full-fat milk contains 153 calories. A black coffee with a dash of semi-skimmed has a mere 35.
Even health-conscious people who avoid junk food don’t realise how much fat and sugar they are gulping, says REPS, which has carried out a dietary study of 2,000 UK adults.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam